Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sweetened condensed milk cake




I feel like I'm in the trenches. School has been insane, I haven't gone to bed before 2:30am and haven't woken up later then 7am. I'm running off of Starbucks and just pure motivation. I live in the library at school and my head feels like it's about to explode. It didn't help that I got two hideous colds in a row putting me on the nebulizer machine. With all of this going on I haven't enjoyed the holidays or gotten to bake much at all. I found though tonight I had a little break, my finals are next week and I have all my study guides done and papers done so I figured I would bake something. I was organizing the pantry and I found that we had cans and cans of sweetened condensed milk, and that's because every time I go to the store I buy some. I'm not sure why because I never use it. As I was browsing through one of my favorite blogs I found this recipe. I was so excited, I would get to use the milk and it was simple, and that's what I need right now is simplicity. The cake is sweet and perfect with tea.
Sweetened condensed milk cake
adapted from Technicolor Kitchen
1 can (395g) sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
1 C all purpose flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
4 Tb. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
icing sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 350ºF; generously butter a (9in) ring cake pan or bundt pan.
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before unmolding.
Dust with icing sugar before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I do that too! I currently have 4 cans of condensed milk in my pantry. Your cake looks perfect.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad to know you tried that recipe! Your cake looks amazing and very tender - love the beautiful Bundt shape!

    ReplyDelete