Saturday, September 25, 2010

Apple Sauce Cinnamon Chip Bread


My family has obsession with Cinnamon chips, we always have them, it's basically our chocolate chips since my mum is allergic to chocolate. I decided to make this bread because we still have tons of homemade applesauce from all the apples we have had the past few weeks. It makes the bread very moist and yummy, best when it's warm.
Apple Sauce Cinnamon Chip Bread
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine (softened)
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup sweetened applesauce
1 cup cinnamon chips
The Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease a 9x6x3-inch loaf pan. (I think that’s just the standard size)
2. In a large bowl gradually add sugar into butter, cream until light. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
4. Combine half the dry mixture with the butter mixture. Then add in 1/2 cup of applesauce and combine. Repeat with remaining dry mixture and 1/2 cup of applesauce, mixing after each. Mix in cinnamon chips.
4. Pour into pan. Bake for about 1 hour. It’ll be a nice golden brown and a toothpick will come out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.

2 comments:

  1. I make a similar bread with the cinnamon chips. So yummy! I'm sure applesauce would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get my hands on cinnamon chips, and I really want to try adding applesauce to quick breads. It must make them very moist!

    ReplyDelete