Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pineapple, Berry, and Mango Sorbet


The weather has finally been acting like summer and there has been a lot of Popsicle eating. Sorbet's are really easy to make and really refreshing. It's also been fun experimenting with different flavors.
Berry Sorbet
4 C fresh or frozen berries
superfine sugar to taste
juice of one lemon
Puree the berries in a food processor until smooth. Add the sugar to taste, and add the lemon juice just to bring out the flavor of the berries. Strain the mixture through a fine wire mesh to extract the seeds from the juice, and churn the mixture in an ice cream freezer until firm. Spoon into a bowl, and freeze until hard.

Pineapple Sorbet
16 oz frozen or fresh pineapple
superfine sugar to taste
juice of 1 lemon
Do above directions.
Mango Sorbet
16 oz fresh or frozen mango
superfine sugar to taste
juice of 1 lemon
Do above Directions.

So I just found out I got this awesome award today from Tanja's Cupcakes! Thank you so much! Below I have given the award to a few of my favorite blogs.


10 things that make me happy:
baking
friends
family
surfing
sunny days
adventures
getting things done
upbeat music
smiles
relaxing
I'm passing this award on to:
Bittersweet Baker
A southern Grace
Bake at 350
Edible Moments
Dessert First
Dessert for Breakfast
Bakezilla
Cookies and Cups
My sweet and Saucy
My Baking addiction
The rules are:
copy and paste the award on your blog
list who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog
list 10 things that make you happy
pass the award on to 10 other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know!

4 comments:

  1. I've been reading a lot of sorbet and ice cream recipes in the last week and now I'm really considering buying an ice cream maker :)

    I left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you so much! i'm thrilled that you thought of me and that i've been mentioned in a post contained such a delightful and unique treat. love the layered effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Becca, for the award and for encouraging me with me relatively new blog.It means so much to me to know you like my blog! :) The sorbets look delicious; I know I'll be using my ice cream maker a lot this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! It's great to receive such encouragement, as my blog's only running for a couple of weeks. This recipe looks delicious by the way, definitely one I'll be trying this summer.

    ReplyDelete