Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies


Since my mum can't have chocolate I'm continuously looking for yummy desserts without chocolate, and ones that a lot of the time mock chocolate desserts,that's what I found with these, just like the snickerdoodle blondies, their just like a brownie with out the chocolate.
Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plain / all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.
Melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the peanut butter and brown sugar. Leave aside to cool for a minute.
Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 – 25Min's, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

On a side note these are some of the Easter cupcakes I did for some people around Easter.

5 comments:

  1. Oh those look great! My mom can't have chocolate either, due to acid reflux. I bet she would love these. And I adore your cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know shes not the only one. and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh your cupcakes really caught my eye. I would love to know what your frosting is made from. Once again, such a professional look. You really have found your calling. Just love the bunny rabbit. Hope you had a nice easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the addition of peanut butter and peanut butter chips to the blondies. Your Easter cupcakes are terrific. They look like they were done by a professional. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't had peanut butter chips in ages! these bars look great, and i'm thinking a combination of peanut butter chips and cinnamon chips would be out of this world!

    ReplyDelete