Saturday, October 3, 2009

Candy Corn Hershey Kiss Cookies


The other day I went to the store and was surprised to find that they had all there Halloween supplies out. I saw the candy corn kisses and thought of doing a Halloween spin on the traditional Hershey kiss cookies. I am preparing a Halloween package for one of my friends at college and I cant wait for her to see these. There really great.
Candy corn Hershey cookies
2 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Additional sugar
4 dozen candy corn kisses, unwrapped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Add butter and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Make balls out of level tablespoons of dough - add flour if needed. Roll in sugar.
Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 minutes.
Remove from oven and add 1 kiss to the center of each cookie. Cool and enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Candy Corn is one of my favorites, so is Peanut Butter Cookies, I think I would love these. I am making a Halloween bag of treats for my two Grandsons. I will include these.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know there was a candy corn-inspired hershey kiss--i'll have to be on the lookout for that since candy corn is pretty much my favorite halloween candy. these little cookies are great and perfect for a fall celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I've never seen these. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Thanks for the heads-up. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I've gotta get me some candy corn kisses! they look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some candy corn that I bought for my class. This recipe would be a good way to use it. Thanks a million. I am sure my class thanks you already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to found your blog! OMG i wish they things like hershey's in jakarta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete