Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bite Size Dark Chocolate Cheesecake


I love miniature things, really who doesn't? If you love miniature sweets just as I do I would keep coming back here because on accident in bulk I ordered 4,000 mini cupcake liners. I thought I was ordering regular size and I thought I was ordering 2,000 that still makes me sound crazy. It looked like a good deal and it was I used a calculator but there is know way I wanted this to happen. At least my family got a good laugh, oh and the best part is that they send everything in shreds of old newspaper and magazines because it went everywhere when I opened that sucker. I wont tell you the name of the company because I'm sure their fantastic, I take full responsibility for my stupid action, and I'm going to make good by making many mini items for you to enjoy! Really I am laughing and not crying, I amuse myself quite often.
Crust
12 chocolate gram crackers
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Filling
5 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
Topping
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
Decoration
6 ounces white chocolate
1 ounce of yellow melting chocolate

For crust:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 3 1/4" x1 3/8" mini cupcake liners into mini muffin tins. Blend cookies in processor until finely ground; blend in sugar. Add melted butter and process until well blended. Spoon and Press crumbs evenly into cupcake liners 1/4 of the way full.
For filling:
Stir chopped chocolate in metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over water; cool chocolate until lukewarm but still pourable. Blend cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder in processor until smooth. Blend in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in lukewarm chocolate. Spoon filling into the liners all the way to the top. Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 30 minutes. Remove bites from pan and let Cool for 15 minutes.

For topping:
Put cream and sugar in a small saucepan and stir on low heat until simmering. Have the 3 ounces of chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes then stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Using a small spoon decorate the bites to your liking. Chill until topping is set, about 30 minutes.
Decoration:
Melt 6 ounces of white chocolate. Spread thinly on parchment paper. Allow to harden, then with a small cake decorating cut out of your choice cut the pieces out. Place in the center of the cheesecake. I got my cut out from Wilton it was part of a set, the cut outs are supposed to be used for fondant but I use them for chocolate. The yellow center of the flower is yellow melting chocolate,I just melted it and used a tooth pick to apply it.
This recipe makes about 24 little bites.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, these are beauties. Now I'm really hungry. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love miniature bites & I totally dig these. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These sound really delicious.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete