Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cake Truffles


Okay so my favorite blog ever is Bakerella.She is a baking genuis. So I decided after making a post on my truffle candles to make real truffles....well cake truffles that is. I even put them in cute boxes.
Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix(ingriedents for the cake)
1 can of cream cheese icing
12 oz of chocolate chips

Bake off the cake in a long sheet pan. Once it's done baking let it cool then scrape it into a bowl. Then combine the cream cheese icing with the cake. Then with a small spoon scoop out some of the mixture and form into a ball and put it on a cookie sheet. Once the pan is full put it in the refridgerator for about an hour. Contuie until the mixture is gone. When the balls are nice and hard take them out of the fridge. Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl heating it for 15 seconds then stirring and repeating until done. Then dip the balls in the chocolate and let them harden. Ta da there done. If you like you could drizzle white chocolate on top or dip it in coconut or top it with a pecan whatever you like.
"I think your father likes them he's had several"(as my dad is shoving them in his mouth) I love my mum.
Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment